Skip to main content

Game Idea Research

Hey guys!
Today I went back a done my research idea week 3 brainstorming.
I looked at certain videos for inspiration such as this.
after some extensive research I have decided that I would like to do a small archery game.
I found a tutorial that will help me in this process and here it is

Here is a small snippet of how the game will look.
three game mechanics I would like to include are,
-a Scoring system for hitting your target.
-a dip off rate for distance/power implied on shot.
-moving targets to increase difficulty.


Comments

  1. Hey Eoin! Hope your research went well and that you were inspired. I really like your game idea of a small archery game. I haven't seen anyone do an archery game yet so I think that's a cool unique idea. What about it makes it a small archery game? Your game actually sounds a lot like the archery game on Wii Sports Resort. That's a cool game. All the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Vision Statement

Hey guys! Today I worked on a vision statement for my project. using guidelines from  this article . it helped me develop more ideas for my game and has helped me improve my knowledge on Genre and style of game. I am sticking with a small archery game but have decided to make it an against the clock game to try and increase replay ability and enjoyment, I hope peoples competitive nature will make this game more like-able

MD2Final GDD

Hey guys! hope everyone had a good week, this week as part of the Audio team I was tasked with creating a list of essential audio to present to Chris and James. The list goes as follows: General ambience Planes birds gunfire fire wind rain war-cries soldiers chanting soldiers marching character specific  breathing walking dialogue injured noises specific to weapons reload gunshots (upon research I found 3 specific weaponry that was commonly used during the 1916 rising) bullet impact (miss) bullet impact (success) empty clip interact noises door item collection item delivery ammo collection weapon pickup Thanks to Ian Cudmore! for suggesting the use of  BBCs sound effect files  which features a lot of the sounds necessary to our project although I don't want to use just assets created by other artists I look forward to creating a lot of them on my own ! Talking to Chris, James and Trevor on the aspect of music we all agreed that when ...

Testing

Hey guys! Today i did some testing of my game along side some more development, i cant currently access the college due to injury so ive had to make do with the laptop i have at home, unfortunately the laptop does struggle with unity but not so much to a point where i cant continue my progress (thankfully) all is going well and i am flying along with the game, due to some events i am a little bit behind but am doing work everyday to catch up. i am now finally happy with the overall look and feel of the game, although i was having some issues when it came to the bow. in some instances i would grab my bow but for some reason it wouldn't equip from time to time, this was a problem of my computers doing its beautiful job at deleting all my hard work ! but a rewatch of the gem tutorial and axe tutorial from jimmy Vegas was all i needed to be back on track! now i need to add, targets, when i watched some tutorials they seemed quite complex but im sure after a bit of hard work il...