Skip to main content

MD2Final GDD

Hey guys!
hope everyone had a good week,
this week as part of the Audio team I was tasked with creating a list of essential audio to present to Chris and James.

The list goes as follows:

General ambience
Planes
birds
gunfire
fire
wind
rain
war-cries
soldiers chanting
soldiers marching

character specific 
breathing walking
dialogue
injured noises

specific to weapons
reload
gunshots (upon research I found 3 specific weaponry that was commonly used during the 1916 rising)
bullet impact (miss)
bullet impact (success)
empty clip

interact noises
door
item collection
item delivery
ammo collection
weapon pickup

Thanks to Ian Cudmore! for suggesting the use of BBCs sound effect files which features a lot of the sounds necessary to our project although I don't want to use just assets created by other artists I look forward to creating a lot of them on my own !


Talking to Chris, James and Trevor on the aspect of music we all agreed that when it came to music played within the game (ex passing a shopfront) should be played through gramophone I did some research into the sounds produced by a gramophone and presented it to the guys, which they all liked.!

I presented the idea of dialogue and narration, although I don't feel majorly confident being the front voice for narration, knowing this I put forward the role to James and some others in the group which they wore open to trying.

I spoke with Ellen One of our teams lead writers and have organised a meeting on Monday 8th to put forward some ideas of dialogue and narration which will suit the game. with this info I will be able to move onto recording narration and I look forward to bringing this information into James On Tuesday 9th April and on this day we will be working on both sound effects and narration which I am super excited to start.




Comments

  1. Hey Eoin, It's obvious you've done a lot of work this week! Sound is really important to help create an atmosphere in a game and I like that your putting so much thought into it. I like the idea of the gramophone sounds because this would be true to the time that this game is set in. BBC's sound effects gallery is really good! I really like how your group is organising your project. All of you play a different role in the game development which is really productive. Looking forward to seeing the final product. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Vision Statement

Hey guys! Today I worked on a vision statement for my project. using guidelines from  this article . it helped me develop more ideas for my game and has helped me improve my knowledge on Genre and style of game. I am sticking with a small archery game but have decided to make it an against the clock game to try and increase replay ability and enjoyment, I hope peoples competitive nature will make this game more like-able

Testing

Hey guys! Today i did some testing of my game along side some more development, i cant currently access the college due to injury so ive had to make do with the laptop i have at home, unfortunately the laptop does struggle with unity but not so much to a point where i cant continue my progress (thankfully) all is going well and i am flying along with the game, due to some events i am a little bit behind but am doing work everyday to catch up. i am now finally happy with the overall look and feel of the game, although i was having some issues when it came to the bow. in some instances i would grab my bow but for some reason it wouldn't equip from time to time, this was a problem of my computers doing its beautiful job at deleting all my hard work ! but a rewatch of the gem tutorial and axe tutorial from jimmy Vegas was all i needed to be back on track! now i need to add, targets, when i watched some tutorials they seemed quite complex but im sure after a bit of hard work il