Skip to main content

Games Testing

Hey guys!
Today I read a super interesting article on Giving criticism AND IT SUCKED! no i'am only joking if you read the article linked here, you will probably relate more.

Its actually a super interesting read and if you haven't read it by now, you have probably lost 4 marks and if you had you would agree with me that its pretty good!
Its funny to see that even after reading the post i am still using pretty good as a way of responding to something which isn't a great sign.

The post speaks about the importance of correctly giving good criticism as apposed to bad criticism but what defines good and bad criticism.

Have you ever given someone criticism on something only to be told YOUR WRONG.. or F--- YOU MAN/dude/women/thing.
that is probably because you don't know how to give actual constructive criticism.
a good example of this is the fact that humans tend to use personal likes and dislikes in their criticism instead of giving feedback that people can use to improve.
Example
Red and Green sucks on your page it looks stupid and i don't like it (me being colorblind I feel I have  right to say this )
instead of that you can rephrase it,
Did you know that Red and Green is a struggling point for most people with specific kinds of colorblindness you don't wanna eliminate their ability to enjoy your work do you?

This way you eliminate the harsh personal hatred for what they have done and you give them an easy and understandable reason to why they might wanna change what they have done.

Another side you wanna understand is that some people just don't like criticism even if it constructive.
Some people enjoy doing what they do because it looks good to them and they enjoy it.
So try not to get upset when you phrase it correctly and they ignore it. at least u can rest easy knowing you tried to help in a positive way!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Vision Statement

Hey guys! Today I worked on a vision statement for my project. using guidelines from  this article . it helped me develop more ideas for my game and has helped me improve my knowledge on Genre and style of game. I am sticking with a small archery game but have decided to make it an against the clock game to try and increase replay ability and enjoyment, I hope peoples competitive nature will make this game more like-able

Testing

Hey guys! Today i did some testing of my game along side some more development, i cant currently access the college due to injury so ive had to make do with the laptop i have at home, unfortunately the laptop does struggle with unity but not so much to a point where i cant continue my progress (thankfully) all is going well and i am flying along with the game, due to some events i am a little bit behind but am doing work everyday to catch up. i am now finally happy with the overall look and feel of the game, although i was having some issues when it came to the bow. in some instances i would grab my bow but for some reason it wouldn't equip from time to time, this was a problem of my computers doing its beautiful job at deleting all my hard work ! but a rewatch of the gem tutorial and axe tutorial from jimmy Vegas was all i needed to be back on track! now i need to add, targets, when i watched some tutorials they seemed quite complex but im sure after a bit of hard work il

MD2Final GDD

Hey guys! hope everyone had a good week, this week as part of the Audio team I was tasked with creating a list of essential audio to present to Chris and James. The list goes as follows: General ambience Planes birds gunfire fire wind rain war-cries soldiers chanting soldiers marching character specific  breathing walking dialogue injured noises specific to weapons reload gunshots (upon research I found 3 specific weaponry that was commonly used during the 1916 rising) bullet impact (miss) bullet impact (success) empty clip interact noises door item collection item delivery ammo collection weapon pickup Thanks to Ian Cudmore! for suggesting the use of  BBCs sound effect files  which features a lot of the sounds necessary to our project although I don't want to use just assets created by other artists I look forward to creating a lot of them on my own ! Talking to Chris, James and Trevor on the aspect of music we all agreed that when it came to